I have started at least four different posts today, but none of them were coming together in a way that I was happy with, and I have no more time to write today. So I’m resorting to a 10 Things Right Now list, an idea Mandy Robeck shared from Ali Edwards way back in October, 2013. Many Slicers used this format last year, and I’ve seen more this year. It’s a tried-and-true option for a busy day.
10 Things on Thursday
- The sky is a brilliant shade of blue this afternoon.
- I crossed three items off my to-do list at work today.
- One of my students made some terrific inferences today, which is typically a real challenge for him.
- We have leftover corned beef, so I don’t have to cook supper.
- The new issue of The Horn Book arrived today and I can’t wait to read about all the wonderful new books coming out in the next few months.
- I’m still processing all I learned at the conference I went to last weekend.
- This morning my husband asked me what movie I wanted to see this weekend. Any suggestions?
- I MUST do some laundry tonight.
- My critique group meets on Sunday, and I have new chapters and picture revisions in my mailbox that I’m looking forward to reading.
- Tomorrow is the first day of spring!
Thank you to Stacey, Tara, Dana, Betsy, Anna, and Beth for this space for teachers and others to share their stories each day during the month of March and on Tuesdays throughout the year. Be sure to visit Two Writing Teachers to read more Slice of Life posts.